At Redeemed Community Church believe that WHAT we believe is important and it actually makes a difference in how we live our lives. Without vision we have no direction and will wander aimlessly. The Bible goes so far to say without a vision people PERISH (Proverbs 29:18). The document laid out below is our vision and what we believe. We hope that it will help you get to know us better. Please feel free to ask questions and challenge us if something we state here doesn't line up with God's Word. In addition to the content below, we have a printable version.
Statement of Faith
- We believe and confess that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God. That all Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work (2 Timothy 3:15-17).
- We believe the Scriptures reveal to us Jesus and His Words are Spirit and life, thereby bringing salvation to all who believe and obey (1 Peter 1, John 1:1-17, 2 Peter 1, John 6).
- God the Father
We believe in one eternal God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is Creator and Sustainer of all things, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is the Christian’s heavenly Father, who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. Jesus spoke much of the Father and His relationship with Him in the Gospel of John (Ephesians 1:1-5, 1 Timothy 2:1-5, Acts 17:22-31).
- Jesus Christ
We believe and confess that Jesus Christ is “The Christ, the son of the living God”. Matthew 16:16 He is the eternal Son of God and Son of man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. We believe in His sinless life, His substitutionary atonement, His bodily resurrection from the dead, His ascension into Heaven, His priestly intercession on behalf of His people, and His return from Heaven to establish His Eternal Kingdom (1 Corinthians 15, 1 Timothy 3:16, Romans 1:1-4, Ephesians 1-2, Hebrews 1-3, John 1-2).
- The Holy Spirit
We believe the Holy Spirit was given by Christ to the world to convict it of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgement to come. The Holy Spirit bears witness of Jesus and guides the Christian into all truth. He glorifies Jesus and reveals Him to us (John 14-16).
He gives new spiritual life to all who confess with their mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in their hearts that God raised Him from the dead (Romans 10:9-13). He is also the seal of our redemption by giving us the witness that we are the sons of God (Romans 8:9-17, Ephesians 1:13-14). He is the Christian’s helper and comforter by empowering the believer for godly living and service through the giving of spiritual gifts. We believe every believer should seek to be continually filled with the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him: male and female He created them (Genesis 1:27). As a result of man’s sin, all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3). Therefore, all men are sinners and by nature are under God’s wrath and punishment for their sins (Ephesians 2:1-3, Romans 1). Paul says in Romans 5:8, “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
- We believe that salvation is the gift of God, not of works, lest any should boast. It comes to us through faith in Jesus Christ, that He died for our sins, and purchased us by His blood shed on the cross, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of our sins (Ephesians 2:8-10, Colossians 1:13-14).
- God desires all men to be saved as declared to us in 1 Timothy 2:1-6 and therefore made a way through Jesus Christ to reconcile us back to Himself (2 Corinthians 5:14-21).
- God’s love is mediated to us through faith in Jesus Christ, and available to everyone who repents from their sins (Acts 2:37-41 1 John 1:9 & 2:1-2, Titus 3:3-7). Jesus said in John 3:3, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Again, He said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the World, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.”
- We believe that God created men and women equal in His sight (Genesis 1:27 1 Corinthians 11:8-12). However, God created them differently so as to have different roles and responsibilities in their relationships. We believe that God created man to be the head of the woman as Christ is the head of the Church and this headship is demonstrated both in the home and the Church (1 Corinthians 11, 1 Timothy 2, 1 Corinthians 14, Titus 2).
- We believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church and the Savior of the body (Ephesians 5:23-32, Colossians 1:13-22).
- We believe the Church is the body of Christ both in a local expression and worldwide. The Church consists of those persons from all nations who are redeemed by the blood of Christ and who have responded to the call of salvation with the obedience of faith (Romans 10:8-13. Ephesians 1, Revelation 5:9-10, Revelation 7:9-17). This body of believers is demonstrated in the world through local churches comprised of believers in Jesus Christ. Each local church body is self-governing in function and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority, either by other churches or governmental authorities (Revelation 2-3).
- We also believe in the fellowship and interaction with other churches and the mutual love and the building up of each other’s mutual faith in Jesus, through the preaching of the Word, and the fellowship of the saints.
- We believe each local Church is led by spiritually qualified men called Elders and Deacons as described to us in 1 Timothy 3:1-1 and Titus 1:5-9.
- We also believe and recognize the Lord equips the Church through the gifts of the Holy Spirit as written to us in Ephesians 4:11-12, “And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors, and some as teachers, for the equipping of the saints, for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ.” These men may not necessarily hold either the office of an Elder or Deacon but are gifted by the Holy Spirit to edify and build up the body of Christ.
- We believe the Holy Spirit fills all believers, both men and women, who seek for Him and allow Him to rule in their lives, delivering them from the power of sin, and both empowering and equipping them for service to the Lord Jesus and to do His work on the earth.
- We believe every Christian should seek to live out their salvation as we are instructed in Philippians 2:12-16 and 1 Peter 2-3; having Jesus’ instruction to us through the sermon on the mount as written in Matthew 5-7, Luke 6:20-49 and by the instruction of all Scripture (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
- We believe that every child of God should seek to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18). Thus, our goal is to be a disciple of Jesus as described to us in Luke 14:25-35 and Matthew 10:24-42.
- We believe in the great commission as it is written to us in Matthew 28:18-20 and Mark 16:15-18 and the example of the Church written in the book of Acts.
- We believe that every Christian is called to be a witness of Jesus Christ’ life in our home, work place, community, and throughout the World.
- We believe in the imminent return of the Lord Jesus Christ as written in Matthew 24-25, also in Luke 21:10-36. In the book of Revelation, many of these things are also written, which may be hard to understand. We understand there are different schools of thought on this matter, which we recognize and allow the Holy Spirit to reveal to us individually as He would, however in accordance to the rest of the Scriptures.